Saturday 26 September 2015

Radar Trip

Trip Out To The Radar

We have had some good weather recently. It seems strange to type that now with some crazy 40 + knot winds blowing outside, which shake the modules we live in! But when the sun is shining and the wind dies down it is pretty wonderful outside. Still very cold mostly, but we have warmer weather creeping in too.
My days off are split in the week – one on Thursday and one on Sunday. Last Thursday Dave was heading out to the radar and asked if I wanted to go along. I wish I could tell you more about what he does here. But unfortunately I don’t really understand too much about radar! Dave is great at explaining it to me but I am rubbish at remembering. I suggest you head over to his blog to see what he gets up to, or to Alex and Celine’s blogs also. They are all SO much better at updating their blogs more regularly than me!

Anyway, we skied over to cut some guy ropes on some telegraph poles and Dave then showed me around a couple of the science cabooses. These are just a short way from base, just beyond the perimeter. It was great, as always, to get out and about and to learn more about what goes on here at the science end of things (even if my small brain can’t retain that knowledge!).  










No comments:

Post a Comment