Thursday 2 November 2017

Another Season

So another season begins......

I'm heading down to Halley again. I am finishing of my "Halley Winter" contract really. I know it's been a while since my last post but most of you will remember nobody wintered at Halley over the past winter. I was offered work in Cambridge (at BAS HQ) over the souther winter - our summer, so that is where I was from May until mid October. And now it's time to head South again.
I write this quick post from my hotel room in Punta Arenas, Chile. We arrived last night and should hear in an hour or so when we're expecting to head to Rothera. Then, once I'm there, I'll hear when I will head off to Halley.
Also...it has been confirmed this week that nobody will winter at Halley next year either. There's a little bit of info about it here (along with some weird discussions in the comments).  Of course it's a blow, but we will have a full and busy summer despite the news. A very small team are at Halley already waking the base up ready for more of us to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment